Supporting your everyday needs
Service Delivery and Relationship Management
Over thirty years experience across both public and private sectors culminating in the management of two large Local Government Strategic Partnerships with 1000 staff and an annual turnover of £60m. Services managed were: Technical Services, Human Resources, Revenues, Benefits, Finance and Pensions Administration, Design & Print and Schools IT.
Many former senior board positions including with the East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce, Invest in Cumbria and the Blackburn with Darwen Strategic Partnership.
So whatever support you require I can tailor a flexible package to help you deliver results without the need for permanent recruitment.
I am also able to assist you by taking a risk based approach to business planning, business development, project management and dispute resolution providing simple tools to aid implementation.
In addition I have particular skills in working with clients and customers to improve business relationships.
A track record of delivery as illustrated by following examples:
- Acknowledged successful project and engineering management of £6m D&B Reconstruction of Scarborough Railway Bridge over the River Ouse in the historic city of York.
- Review and establishment of engineering, HSQE and training structure to support Story Contracting through a period of rapid growth in 2013 and 2014 including assisting secure a number of Network Rail CP5 framework contracts.
- Rebuilt working relationship and operational performance of Strategic Partnership with Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council (BwDBC) following near termination in 2007. Under Johns leadership and influence Elected Member satisfaction rose from 34% to 78% in the two years to March 2011.
- Through development of shared services, maintained business centre turnover in 2011 despite 22% drop (£4m) in revenue from BwDBC thus increasing volume of external business from 18% to 38% (£9m).
- Successfully mobilised and decommissioned 10 year Cumbria Strategic Partnership (£20m/annum)
- Grew Cumbria account to £35m/annum - created 450 jobs over 8 years, doubled profitability of Local Practice Division and won three year extension
- Oversaw programme management and advised on strategic procurement options for large infrastructure projects, BSF projects , property rationalisation & facilities management as well as use of frameworks to support the local economy
- Through successful matrix management and good relationships with Trade Unions, drove cultural change to ensured strong operational performance against performance measures with no penalties incurred.
- Director responsible for ISO systems in quality, environment and health & safety
- Success in bidding for external funding - Development grant for Skelton Show, Lottery funding for various schemes.